Friday, August 21, 2009

My cosmetic purchases in the last two days.





Wednesday:

  • Anna Sui Dolly Girl Eau de Toilette
  • Anna Sui Dolly Girl Lil' Starlet Eau de Toilette
  • NP (Napoleon Perdis) Set lip gloss and nail polish (admittingly it came as a Cleo freebie, however I only bought it to sample the freebies I swear)
The nail polish is pretty good but it is better used as a topcoat as there isn't enough pigment for it to work as a solid colour. Lip gloss is pretty so-so, not actually sure if its a real colour from the actual NP Set range (Acapulco Pink, what kind of shade is that?)

Today:

Lancome sample set including
  • Colour Design Quad Eyeshadow
  • Colour Design Lipstick in Vantage Rose
  • Cils Booster XL mascara base
  • Definicils mascara
  • High Resolution Anti Wrinkle Cream (which I won't be using)
  • Primordiale Cell Defense serum.
To my dismay the set did not come with Juicy Tubes lipgloss. Looking at the ingredients, I was quite disappointed to see talc in almost every single Lancome product in the pack, including the skincare cream/serum.

Last week I also purchased some Natio products, including
  • Natural Cover Concealer
  • Ultra Shiny Fruit Gloss - Melon
  • Natio Sparkle Dust (loose eyeshadow quad)
  • Make up brush set in a roll, including brushes for powder, foundation, concealer, two eyeshadow brushes and one slanted eyeliner/eyeshadow brush
I was quite disappointed with the way Natio had advertised their "mineral" makeup range. Some of the advertised 'mineral' products in fact contain Talc (which we all know is toxic and bad for us, although it happens to exist in almost every cosmetic out there)

Reviews to come when I have time to spare, cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Someone has been watching too many make up advice videos on YouTube. I do not care so much for make up, but what is so bad about Talc (apart from the fact that you have pointed out its toxic nature)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post a link about the dangers of talc but I forgot.
    Well, it is similar in its structure to asbestos. Which means, repeated talc usage can possibly lead or increase the chance of potential health dangers, such as a higher chance of developing ovarian cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard one can put talc in one's greasy hair to make it more dry.
    Don't people use talc/talcum powder on their babies (or not the same thing?)
    I wonder what talc actually does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess they do, but there's a cornstarch alternative to talcum powder.

    Who knows what talc does. Maybe the mineral makeup industry has made talc the 'bad guy' to get us (female consumers) flocking to mineral makeup to revive sales.

    ReplyDelete